Saturday, January 18, 2014

Quartzsite RV show

Quartzsite RV show
What’s billed as the largest RV show in the world opened today at Quartzsite, Arizona, where we’re now staying. Of course, we had to go.

We were disappointed in the recreational vehicles they had for sale, and  couldn’t find a couple of models we were curious to see. That doesn’t mean they weren’t there; this is a big show and I couldn’t find a map which showed where everything was located. Plus, Jon with a bad knee and me with a bad foot just didn’t have the energy to walk through the entire exhibition.

There didn’t seem to be too many people looking at the RVs themselves. Most of the action seemed to be taking place in a 90,000-square foot tent which was mainly for RV accessories and other gadgets we supposedly can’t live without.

I was intrigued by a wire whisk that you pushed a button and it turned skim milk into thick foam in 30 seconds. The kid manning the booth wasn’t that excited about it and failed to convince me to buy one, even though he kept telling me how handy he found it in the kitchen. Just looking at the kid, I felt his cooking experience was limited to using the microwave. I really liked the gadget, however, just not $25 worth.

This annual show is supposed to draw upwards of one million visitors in its eight-day run.  If the number of people on hand for opening day was any indication, this just could happen. Traffic was a mess; it was the first time I’d ever been in stop-and-go traffic on my scooter. It wasn’t particularly a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment